ZZU Video of the Day
- City vacates building operating as homeless shelter October 1, 2022SPOKANE, Wash. — A building operating as a homeless shelter was vacated Thursday afternoon following a number of citations issued by the city of Spokane. The notice sent 72 homeless people staying there back out onto the streets. “We opened the door in good faith,” said Ronald Nelson, owner of the building and lead pastor […]
- Fencing now up at Camp Hope, curfew goes into effect Friday night October 1, 2022SPOKANE, Wash. — People living at Camp hope could see more changes in the coming weeks, and new fencing is just the start. “So we moved the perimeter in three feet all around the entire camp, that meant moving RVs, and rows of tents,” said Julie Garcia, Executive Director of Jewels Helping Hands. Camp Hope […]
- ‘Its fed my family’: USPS looking to recruit thousands ahead of peak season October 1, 2022USPS is looking to hire 2,000 people across Washington state, like many industries currently facing staffing shortages due to the pandemic.
- Deputies arrest man suspected of shooting gun in parking lot dispute October 1, 2022SPOKANE, Wash. — Deputies arrested a man suspected of firing a gun in a dispute over a parking spot. At around 9 p.m. on Thursday, Spokane Valley and Spokane County deputies responded to a report of shots fired at a parking lot on N Pines Road and E Grace Lane. Deputies located three rifle casings […]
- Gonzaga Climate Center completes Urban Heat Island Map September 30, 2022SPOKANE, Wash. — Gonzaga University’s Climate Center recently announced it has completed its urban heat island map of Spokane. Using special sensors mounted to their cars, over 40 volunteers drove seven routes, covering 69.5 square miles across the city. The center found that due to differences in tree cover, green spaces, and dark surfaces, some […]